Re: pvops - xen - unable to handle kernel paging request

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 18:29:29 EST

Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
Christopher S. Aker wrote:
Xen: 3.2.1-rc5 64bit
dom0: 2.6.16.38 PAE
domU: 2.6.25 PAE BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 15c38554
IP: [<c0103195>] xen_make_pte+0x45/0x50
Oops: 0000 [#1] SMP
Modules linked in:

Hi Chris,

How easy is this to reproduce? Is this immediate or under load?

How much memory does the host machine have? How much allocated to the domain?

And to be clear, this is plain 2.6.25, not 2.6.25+mergewindow, right?

(BTW, it would help if you cc: me on Xen bug reports, since I don't necessarily catch up on lkml traffic very quickly.)

Thanks,

Ping?