Re: Slow DOWN, please!!!

From: devzero
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 17:00:34 EST

yes, please !

i know, linux is an ever moving target, but from my user`s perspective i think the kernel more and more suffers from a quality problem.

the deeper i`m involved in linux and the more i read into lkml or bugzilla, the more bad impression i get.

ok, maybe windows has still more bugs and the transparency of linux gives a false impression, but it`s ridculous that things get broken that often.

e.g. i rarely saw a cd-rom/dvd fail on windows - but i have seen LOTs of problems with that in linux, especially with more recent kernels.

i can somewhat understand why one of my colleagues at work (windoze evangelist, sigh) constantly teasing "nahh, go away i don`t want to grapple with your DIY superstore OS" :)

linux is absolutely great , but please make sure that quality and stability is priority number one !