Re: [patch, -git] isdn: hysdn_procconf.c build fix

From: Alexey Dobriyan
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 16:25:59 EST

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:24:47PM -0700, Harvey Harrison wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 12:14 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:

> > > I think that the same should be applied to allyesconfig
> >
> > That's what ALLFOOCONFIG refers to ;)
> >
> > There _might_ be a need to discriminate between allyesconfig and
> > allmodconfig, but usually not, I expect.
> >
> > Perhaps we should implement CONFIG_ALLYESCONFIG, CONFIG_ALLMODCONFIG and
> > CONFIG_ALLFOOCONFIG, where
> >
> > ALLFOOCONFIG = ALLYESCONFIG || ALLMODCONFIG
> >
> > (where FOO is renamed to something sensible, but what?)
>
> ALLBUILDCONFIG

ALLCRAPCONFIG

Driver wasn't built because of BROKEN_ON_SMP, so both allyes and allmod
wouldn't help.

If one repeats Ingo's trick on e.g. driver that is arch specific from other
arch, compile will die horrible death due to different includes, so the
trick is not universal.

Things that help:
* UP allmodconfig builds

echo 'CONFIG_SMP=n' >1
make KCONFIG_ALLCONFIG=1 allmodconfig

alpha-smp-n-debug-n.log:
CC [M] drivers/isdn/hysdn/hysdn_procconf.o
drivers/isdn/hysdn/hysdn_procconf.c: In function 'hysdn_procconf_init':
drivers/isdn/hysdn/hysdn_procconf.c:408: error: too few arguments to function 'proc_create'

* double-checking logs that driver indeed was rebuilt
* attention, attention, attention -- code can hide in huge ifdef section
and config option won't be turned on, so driver compiles, but not
relevant part.