Re: Slow DOWN, please!!!

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 15:09:03 EST

On Thu, 1 May 2008, David Newall wrote:

> I just finished telling you that I'm currently trying 2.6.25. But you
> couldn't have read that with any care at all, because I also just
> finished telling you that it's not the specifics of the problem I'm
> having that matters, it's the systemic problems in Linux's development
> process.

No. What you told us was nothing like that at all. What you told us was
that you totally ignored the issue I brought up, namely that development
happens, and that you have the choice of stagnating or accepting it.

You point to it as some "systemic problem", and I told you that it's a
sign of fast development. Things change. You didn't listen, or understand.

If you want systemic problems, it is your kind of "bug report" that isn't
anything like a bug report. Make a real report, don't whine. Push the
_report_, not your inane agenda. Talk about *technology*, not about how
you wish everything revolved around you and your wishes.

Linus