Re: [patch, -git] isdn: hysdn_procconf.c build fix

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 14:31:20 EST

* Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 19:57:40 +0200
> Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Ob'grumpy: this file was not even build-tested by any of the parties
> > who turned it into upstream commit ac41cfd19b ("isdn: use non-racy
> > method for proc entries creation").
>
> That's because this stupidity:
>
> config HYSDN
> tristate "Hypercope HYSDN cards (Champ, Ergo, Metro) support (module only)"
> depends on m && PROC_FS && PCI && BROKEN_ON_SMP
>
> breaks allmodconfig coverage testing.

yeah. There's a trick though that we use in the x86 tree (and which i'm
using in a script when queuing up new patches). The following command
will punch through any Kconfig black holes:

make drivers/isdn/hysdn/hysdn_procconf.o

(it wont always work as it needs a halfways reasonable .config, but it
works well enough to be part of my workflow.)

note that there's tons more stuff and dependencies that plain
allmodconfig does not catch - in this merge window alone i'm at around
20 fixes so far.

Ingo