Re: RFC: make MAINTAINERS email addresses easier to copy/paste

From: Bjorn Helgaas
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 11:06:23 EST

On Wednesday 30 April 2008 02:03:35 am Paul Jackson wrote:
> This patch reminded me that I should update the CPUSETS maintainers,
> which I will be sending in a separate patch shortly.
>
> However, that in turn highlights one problem with updating several
> MAINTAINERS entries at once; it will almost surely collide with
> other ongoing updates to the MAINTAINERS file. On that account,
> your proposal might not be worth the extra effort it would take to
> get merged ... I'm not sure.

Yes, that's a problem, and that's why I posted a filter to do the
bulk of the work. It seems like the easiest way would be for Linus
to run the script and generate a patch at his end. There are only
a handful of patches in -mm that touch MAINTAINERS, so it shouldn't
generate too many conflicts there.

Bjorn