RFC: make MAINTAINERS email addresses easier to copy/paste

From: Bjorn Helgaas
Date: Tue Apr 29 2008 - 17:00:11 EST

I like to use display names for email addresses, e.g.,
"Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas@xxxxxx>" instead of just
"bjorn.helgaas@xxxxxx".

The current MAINTAINERS file format makes it a nuisance to
copy both the display name and the actual address. So
I propose that we fold together the current "P:" and "M:"
lines using something similar to the filter below.

If we do this, we should fix a few inconsistencies in the
current file first so the script will work better. I'll post
a patch to do that as a response to this message.

Bjorn

#!/usr/bin/perl

# Combine name and email address for easier copy and paste.
# For example, this:
#
# P: Bjorn Helgaas
# M: bjorn.helgaas@xxxxxx