Re: 2.6.25 pci=noacpi

From: Richard
Date: Tue Apr 29 2008 - 03:29:52 EST

Sorry,

I sent my previous mail too eagerly..

2.6.22 worked
2.6.23 not tested
2.6.24 broken

I will grab a .23 kernel and see if its problem too :-P

Andrew Morton wrote:
On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 07:53:57 +0100 Richard <tuxbox.guru@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

Using an AMD Sempron notebook (HP Compaq 6715b) single processor machine, It shuts down during bootup when ACPI is fully enabled. I added pci=noacpi to the cmdline and it finally boots, but its extremely slow... (kdm times out with error saying it took too long to load and disables graphical)

Dmesg doest show anything out of the ordinary, irq_stats only shows the timer interrupts being incremented. (noirq also works, but same behaviour) Can someone please offer me some pointers so I can fault find this problem.

Did any earlier kernels work OK? If so, which versions?

Thanks.