Re: A system for rebootless kernel security updates

From: Jeff Arnold
Date: Tue Apr 29 2008 - 02:55:27 EST

The only sane way to make such extensions a generically usable linux feature is to merge them to mainline.

Really it's far better to just merge if you want it to make it out of the "toy" stage.

You're probably right.

I'm willing to undertake the project of bringing the code up to kernel coding standards so that it can eventually be considered for mainline. I'll plan on undertaking this project if I don't receive feedback that I shouldn't do so.

If people have concerns about the high-level design of the system, it would be useful for me to know that information sooner rather than later.

If there's anything that I can do to facilitate feedback at this stage, please let me know.

Thanks for the advice.

Jeff Arnold
jbarnold@xxxxxxx