Re: 2.6.25 slow boot/reboot

From: Glauber Costa
Date: Mon Apr 28 2008 - 20:39:38 EST

Sergio Luis wrote:
On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Glauber Costa <gcosta@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sergio Luis wrote:

Ken Moffat wrote:

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 05:23:57PM +0200, Bart Van Assche wrote:

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 7:37 AM, Sergio Luis <sergio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
This weekend I got some time and decided to try out 2.6.25, but its
booting process was _really_ slow in my laptop[1]. With 'old' 2.6.24.5 my
machine would take about 48 secs until it gave me the login prompt. And it
would take about 22 seconds to reboot.

Sergio,

You said your system freezes. Does it happen after the last message you see on dmesg, or during the kernel start up? It would help me to rule out (or not), any issues in the cpu initialization process itself.

As for reboot, any suspicious message on your kernel log?