can I receive UDP broadcasts in aliases interfaces?

From: Pau Aliagas
Date: Mon Apr 28 2008 - 19:06:26 EST

Hi,

I'm trying to use aliased interfaces to run multiple instances of a process that receives UDP broadcasts; I want to test all in a single computer when I have no access to the network.

My problem is that I can bind to the virtual interface ip to send and receive packets, but I don't receive udp broadcasts. I have no firewall rules that block it and udp bcasts are generated from the same computer too.

Is there any sysctl param I need to change? I'm usre this can be done but I haven't found how.

Thanks
Pau