Re: tifm_7xx1: SD card is ignored

From: Kim Hansen
Date: Mon Apr 28 2008 - 16:43:38 EST

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Alex Dubov <oakad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> --- Kim Hansen <kimhanse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I have the problem that the SD card slot does not work on my Toshiba
> > Protege M400 with my current kernel (2.6.24), it worked for me with
> > 2.6.18 but has been broken at least since 2.6.22.
> >
> > The problem is that nothing happens, dmesg is silent and I guess the
> > cause is that the driver does not see the hardware.
> >
> > How should I start debugging this?
> >

> First, there's an option in the kernel config enabling debugging print-outs
> (called "MMC Debugging" under MMC). Enable it, recompile the modules and you'll
> get plenty of dmesg noise.

I just downloaded 2.6.25 and compiled, and now it works. The 2.6.24
kernel was from Debian, but I know that I also had the problem with
2.6.22 which I compiled myself. When 2.6.25 comes in Debian I will see
if the problem is still there.

> Second, the fact modules are loaded means that driver sees the hardware all
> right. There can be some sort of interplay between sdhci and tifm_sd as they
> use the same chip. I think you should blacklist one of them. Which one -
> depends on the settings in you flashmedia chip's eeprom (some vendors disable
> sdhci interface and some flashmedia one).

Is there a way to find out which one to use ?

> In the worst case, you can always blame the TI. Some TI guy notified me that my
> driver contains errors affecting 803b series controllers (I myself have a
> 8033). He, however, had not told me what they are. Very nice, indeed.

Is there some tests I could run to see if I can find the errors?

Regards,
--
Kim Hansen
Vadgårdsvej 3, 2.tv