Re: [patch 00/37] Linux Kernel Markers instrumentation forsched-devel.git

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Mon Apr 28 2008 - 14:37:00 EST

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 21:38:54 +0200 Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 11:03 -0400, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> > Hi Ingo,
> >
> > Here is a rather large patchset applying kernel instrumentation to
> > sched-devel.git. It includes, mainly :
>
> I saw this land in sched-devel, how about this:
>
> ---
> Subject: sched: de-uglyfy marker impact
>
> These trace_mark() things look like someone puked all over the code,

lol.

> lets hide the ugly bits.

It hides the cosmetically-ugly bits, but not the deeply ugly: each of these
trace points is an extension to the kernel->userspace API, with all that
this implies.

> +static inline
> +void trace_kernel_sched_wakeup(struct rq *rq, struct task_struct *p)

When doing this please put the newline immediately preceding the function
name. Putting it between the `inline' and the return-type-declaration is
weird.