Re: Announce: Semaphore-Removal tree

From: David Chinner
Date: Mon Apr 28 2008 - 01:00:47 EST

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 09:44:30AM -0400, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 03:39:13PM +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> > I'm guessing RCU would be a bit more work?
>
> Actually the whole XFS inode hash is gone now and replaced by a radix tree.
> As soon as nick and your work on the lockless radix trees goes in I'm
> pretty sure Dave will make use of that.

I have patches for that, but came across reference counting issues
with the refcount being held in the linux inode not the XFS inode
and hence not being able to properly refcount the xfs inode once
the linux inode is gone away....

Solvable, but I've got to find some time to work on stuff that isn't
just bug fixing....

Cheers,

Dave.
--