atheros failes to compile

From: Justin Mattock
Date: Sun Apr 27 2008 - 21:30:29 EST

With the latest git I can't seem to compile madwifi, (if ath5k has
support for my card I would use that, but not until later in time)
here is what I'm getting:

/home/name/Desktop/madwifi-trunk-r3574-20080426/Makefile:50
Makefile.inc: no such file or directory

/*editing Makefile with the path to Makefile.inc produces this */

Makefile.inc98: scripts/get_arch.mk: no such file or directory
Makefile.inc:102 ath_hal/ah_target.inc: no such file or directory
Makefile.inc:163 *** TARGET i386-elf is invalid, invalid target are: . Stop.
make[1] *** [modules] Error 2
make[1] Leaving directory `/home/kernel/linux-2.6'
make *** [modules] Error 2

I've tried "y" to Allow gcc to uniline functions marked `inline' but
still am receiving the same results

If somebody has a suggestion to what I might add to my .config, or
subtract to my .config I'm open to suggestions.
luckily I'm still able to connect using ndiswrapper...
regards;

--
Justin P. Mattock