Re: [patch] x86, voyager: fix ioremap_nocache()

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Sun Apr 27 2008 - 18:57:35 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:

Understood.

I guess I am more annoyed that this stealth semantics change appears to have broken everything that depends on pci_iomap(), including 90%+ of all libata drivers, unless I am missing something.

That one piece of code (pci_iomap) was correct under the old semantics, on x86 and elsewhere. It's tested and working nicely, and depended upon by many drivers.

That one piece of code has had no effective change. Under both the old and the new code, both branches functionally because ioremap_nocache(), in one case because of MTRR and in one case because of PAT.

-hpa