Re: Western Digital GreenPower drives and Linux

From: devzero
Date: Sun Apr 27 2008 - 13:45:26 EST

on a second system , my wd drive shows this values:

9 Power_On_Hours 0x0032 099 099 000 Old_age Always - 853
193 Load_Cycle_Count 0x0032 170 170 000 Old_age Always - 90960

absolutely scary.....

meanwhile, i got wdidle3 from WD support and set it to 25secs (factory support seems to be at 8 secs) - but still waiting for an answer if this is a bug or not.

i`m really wondering why support is so quiet here....
anybody got a response from support about this?

will take a look how the drive behaves with windows......maybe things look different there.