Re: [git pull] "big box" x86 changes, PCI

From: Jesse Barnes
Date: Sun Apr 27 2008 - 12:37:36 EST

On Saturday, April 26, 2008 2:55 pm Ingo Molnar wrote:
> ok, this is the final chunk of the "big box" topic - the PCI changes.
>
> These are the largest, and while i tried to reduce their number it's
> still 19 commits - but it's all around the same topic. The bulk of the
> new code is in a single file. The tree can be pulled from:
>

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/x86/linux-2.6-x86-bigbox-pci.
>git for-linus
>
> this depends on the bootmem changes which are now upstream. These
> changes too have been in linux-next for some time and the cross-arch
> (build) success rate is high, as in:
>
> http://www.tglx.de/autoqa-cgi/index?run=89&tree=1
>
> all but the last few patches have been in x86.git for a longer time and
> more than 95% of the changes are for arch/x86. (see the dates of the
> patches. The "15 Feb 2008" ones are older than their timestamp - that's
> when we imported those changes into a date-aware repository.)
>
> i booted up this tree 5 times on x86, mixed 64-bit/32-bit.

Only did a quick scan, but the changes look nice so far. I'll take a closer
look and give it a try locally tomorrow.

On an unrelated note, can you take a look at the "PCI MSI breaks when booting
with nosmp" thread? I posted a patch there that unconditionally enables the
local apic with nosmp/maxcpus=0 so that MSI will work correctly. The other
option of course is to disable MSI when nosmp/maxcpus=0 and local apic enable
code alone.

Thanks,
Jesse