tifm_7xx1: SD card is ignored

From: Kim Hansen
Date: Sun Apr 27 2008 - 06:59:55 EST

I have the problem that the SD card slot does not work on my Toshiba
Protege M400 with my current kernel (2.6.24), it worked for me with
2.6.18 but has been broken at least since 2.6.22.

The problem is that nothing happens, dmesg is silent and I guess the
cause is that the driver does not see the hardware.

How should I start debugging this?

raph:~# lspci
[...]
03:0b.2 Mass storage controller: Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia
Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD)
03:0b.3 SD Host controller: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 SDA Standard
Compliant SD Host Controller
raph:~# lsmod | grep tifm
tifm_sd 10888 0
tifm_7xx1 7360 0
mmc_core 47300 2 tifm_sd,sdhci
tifm_core 9956 2 tifm_sd,tifm_7xx1
raph:~# dmesg | grep -i tifm
raph:~#

PS: I am not subscribed to lkml, please cc me on replies.
--
Kim Hansen
Vadgårdsvej 3, 2.tv