Re: spinlock lockup on CPU#0

From: Justin Mattock
Date: Sat Apr 26 2008 - 17:49:26 EST

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Bob Copeland <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Can you add this please, see if it triggers?
> >
> > there's fixes pending in this area. The main fix would be the one below.
> >
> > Ingo
> >
> > ---------------->
> > Subject: idle (arch, acpi and apm) and lockdep
>
> FWIW, I was seeing the same lockdep trace with eventual hangs, and
> this patch (applied with some fuzz) fixed the problem.
>
> --
> Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com

Just out of curiosity I put the kernel back to it's original state,
were the freezing occurs, then booted with nohz=off, then added
WARN_ON(!irqs_disabled()); to sched.c only to the kernel, no other
patches, upon rebooting
I received different results: The screen from what I could tell was
spitting out the spinlock messages, but instead of printing that out,
and going on to the next task it just keep't printing, from what I
could tell something with ehci, uhci, agpgart, ieee1394 etc... too
fast to really make anything out, the numbers on the left side keept
moving upward, the fans started hauling ass, I waitied a few minuetes
hopeing this would stop
so I can grab dmesg, but it would'nt. is there a way to use the boot
param to write date to a file? so I could capture this event.
regards

--
Justin P. Mattock