Re: If you want me to quit I will quit

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Apr 26 2008 - 13:57:30 EST

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> Do you consider all patches that fix build errors as critical?
> If yes, only for x86 or for all architectures?

I think that things that hold up people testing a development kernel is
"important". Maybe not "critical", but certainly stuff I should fix asap,
just so that people who might otherwise test a kernel (but aren't
technical enough to fix even possibly trivial errors) won't get
discouraged.

And yes, x86(-64) is the one that matters a whole lot more for that kind
of 'random tester' issue. If other architectures don't build in some
random config, I don't consider that a huge deal, since anybody who builds
a development kernel for (say) powerpc will also generally have the
ability to fix whatever silly brown-paper-bug issue just as well as I
could.

Linus