Re: kgdb over ethernet?

From: Jan Engelhardt
Date: Sat Apr 26 2008 - 11:30:49 EST

On Friday 2008-04-25 19:32, Jason Wessel wrote:
>Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>>
>> the DocBook files for the recently-merged kgdb mention kgdboe, as does
>> the doc on kgdb.sf.net, but I do not see kgdboe anywhere in the source.
>> Is oe actually merged? I'm kinda short on rs232...
>
>Well if you have at least one you have enough because you can share kgdb
>with the console.

kgdb is running, though I wonder why breakpoints are not seemingly hit.

(gdb) b vfs_readdir
cBreakpoint 2 at 0xc0270c11: file fs/readdir.c, line 23.
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Then I issued ls -l on tty1 (kgdb is on ttyS0), but it did not
happen to stop at vfs_readdir, though I would assume vfs_readdir
was entered as part of /bin/ls.
Ideas?