Re: 2.6.25-mm1 (snd-pcsp doesn't like DEBUG_PAGEALLOC)

From: Stas Sergeev
Date: Fri Apr 25 2008 - 12:46:18 EST

Hello.

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Yeah, of course. Don't mix up with the argument about Kconfig
> dependency issues. I just reacted against your statement that input
> pcspkr driver will be obsoleted.
Those are the different ones of course.
For me the dependancy issue is a primary
problem of course, so the other one I
simply ducked.

> I actually removed the dependency from snd-pcsp Kconfig again since
> this causes a dependency loop (at least, kbuild can't handle
> properly).
OK, good to know this. :)

> But anyway, as mentioned in my previous post, snd-pcsp wouldn't be
> enabled on most of distros' kernels because it cannot be built
> together with input-pcspkr driver, unfortunately...
Yes, making them to play well together is
something to think about too. But I don't
see how it can affect the distributors.
If the distro doesn't have the sound enabled,
then it won't enable snd-pcsp no matter
what. If it does have the sound enabled,
then why would it ever want to use pcspkr
instead of snd-pcsp?
I see this issue mostly as a theoretical
one. If you see the real problems with
the current situation, please let me know.