pci commands resume order [Was: 2.6.25-git2: BUG: unable to handlekernel paging request at ffffffffffffffff]

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Fri Apr 25 2008 - 04:20:15 EST

On 04/25/2008 09:45 AM, David Miller wrote:
I notice Jiri, in your hardware list, you have an ath5k Atheros AR5212 chip
in there.

I took a look at the resume code for ath5k but nothing really suspicious
there except:

err = pci_enable_device(pdev);
if (err)
return err;

pci_restore_state(pdev);

Shouldn't we restore state before we turn the chip back on and thus
potentially let it start DMA'ing all over the place?

Hmm, actually every second wireless driver do this :/. I think it's wrong too.
Jesse?

BTW pci_set_power_state(pdev, PCI_D0); in resume isn't needed at all, right? It's done in pci_enable_device, isn't it?