Regression: starting X locks box with git master

From: James Cloos
Date: Thu Apr 24 2008 - 16:10:17 EST

3dc5063786b273f1aee545844f6bd4e9651ebffe was current when I compiled.

With that kernel, my laptop locks up as soon as I startx.

The Xorg.0.log showed that the radeon driver got as far as starting
the i2c calls to the M7 video card.

After that the box would reply to ICMP pings and SysRq-B, but was
otherwise non-responsive. Even SysRq-[KSU] seemed to do nothing.

v2.6.25 works fine.

There are 3562 commits (including merges) between those two, and
it takes an hour or more for each kernel compile. Bisecting will
be quite painful. And I only have the one box to work on. But I
will see what I can do.

Posting before bisecting in case it helps anyone else....

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@xxxxxxxxxxx> OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6