Re: debug Kconfig option (was Re: linux-next: Tree for April 9)

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Apr 10 2008 - 05:51:38 EST

* Stefan Richter <stefanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Commit 523a65f1a7a339e528ca6d6d808516fe195fde03 ("firewire: fw-ohci:
> > add option for remote debugging") in the ieee1394 tree adds a new
> > entry just where the sched tree adds
> >
> > source kernel/trace/Kconfig
>
> I grab this opportunity to ask the list: Would you prefer the remote
> debugging option in the kernel hacking menu (as in the commit), or
> rather in the respective driver submenu?

it's great stuff! I very much think it's fine in lib/Kconfig.debug - we
need prominence of debugging options. (they are used way too
infrequently)

My only suggestion would be to move the new entry below the existing
firewire entry (PROVIDE_OHCI1394_DMA_INIT) there - which also happens to
avoid this particular merge conflict.

Ingo