Hooking to APIC timer on SMP 32-bit X86 system

From: YM Yen
Date: Sun Apr 06 2008 - 15:48:39 EST

hi,

I am looking for a way to program the APIC timer in a kernel module so that the module depends only on the hardware timer instead of the timer provided by the kernel. Programming the LVT is easy, however I can't find a way to have the Linux kernel to call my interrupt service routine in addition to smp_apic_timer_interrupt().

Is doing this even possible? There doesn't seem to be any sort of hook or notifier chain I can install a ISR to. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

YM