Re: New IWL4935 driver for Intel Wireless Cards does not support WPA2 wireless network with PEAP - MSCHAPV2

From: Lennart Sorensen
Date: Wed Apr 02 2008 - 08:24:53 EST

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 08:54:35PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> 2.6.25.1 will be out after the first bug is fixed in Linux 2.6.25. I
> cannot promise you that any such bug would exist. Actually, I hope
> that there will be no reason for 2.6.25.1 release.
>
> In any case, putting pressure on wireless developers is not
> appreciated. Maybe you should learn how to compile Linux kernels. Or
> maybe you should talk to Ubuntu release engineers and ask them not to
> wait for 2.6.25.1 (provided that your implication is correct and they
> would wait).

Or perhaps Ubuntu could learn from Debian and do releases when the
software is in a good state rather than at specific predetermined
release dates. Or fix the bugs themselves and contribute them upstream.

Strangely I find with the 2.6.24 kernel currently in Debian, the intel
wireless seemed to work great with WPA2 (at least on a 4965). Maybe
that was 2.6.24.2 or 2.6.24.3 or something. It was a couple of weeks
ago now. I haven't heard of the 4935 before.

--
Len Sorensen