Re: Linux 2.6.25-rc8

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Tue Apr 01 2008 - 20:24:20 EST

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 13:08:57 -0700 (PDT) Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A lot of the one-liners are some sparse cleanups, which is probably
> unnecessary noise at this point, but when Al sends me a series I just tend
> to apply it because his patches tend to be rather careful and basically
> always correct.

The downside is that at least some of these were already pending in
maintainers trees for 2.6.26 (among other changes) and so have now caused
(unnecessary) merge conflicts. Is there some reason that these fixes
can't go through the subsystem trees (especially once we get past rc1 (or
2) and people are gearing up for the next merge window)?

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx