rh_timer_func

From: Justin Mattock
Date: Sat Mar 22 2008 - 19:24:02 EST

Hello;
I'm not going to talk about fglrx. My goal right now is to make sure
everything is up and running i.g. keyboard,isight,ati,infrared
receiver etc... So I can focus on tyring
to get the macbook to four hours of battery life. here is a list of
problems I see, Hopefully I can get some answers so linux can reach
the spec on a mac, or even better:

drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-core.c: couldn't find an input interrupt endpoint.

this error occurs randomly every so often:
drivers/input/mouse/appletouch.c: could not do mode read request from
device (Geyser Raw mode)
appletouch: probe of 1-2:1.1

suspend was working at around 2.6.21, then never worked.

When using powertop I was able to reach around 3:10hrs at 16W, running
OSX I see around 4:17 on a fresh battery.
I've noticed the processor goes to the C3 state, but stays at 100%
due to too many interrupts: a main interrupt I see is this one =
<kernel modules> : usb_hcd_poll_rh_status (rh_timer_func); when the
system is powered on this timer is around 1.1% then when powering down
the system; i.g. turning of daemons, and rrmod, this timer goes to
around 80-90%. I've read the usb documentation; but seem to be missing
something to have this timer fall asleep.
any help would be appreciated.

--
Justin P. Mattock