Re: bluetooth still corrupts memory in 2.6.25-rc6

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Wed Mar 19 2008 - 20:12:39 EST

Removed the bluez-devel@.

On 03/20/2008 12:06 AM, Pavel Machek wrote:
On Thu 2008-03-20 00:02:57, Jiri Slaby wrote:
On 03/19/2008 09:21 AM, Pavel Machek wrote:
...just leave ppp-over-cellphone-over-bluetooth running, and do
s2ram...

Linux version 2.6.25-rc6 (pavel@amd) (gcc version 4.1.3 20071209 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.2-18)) #186 SMP Wed Mar 19 00:46:05 CET 2008
BIOS-provided physical RAM map:
Pavel, does the "still" from $SUBJ mean, that 2.6.24 is affected too (if this is the same what I hit)?

Hey, I did not do careful analysis. I believe it is the same problem
that affects 2.6.24, too, yes. But I actually believe it is much older
than that...

If yes, then I got the crash by using hidp over l2cap with non-hid device (session->input). I'm not sure if it was connected at all and even if hidd was running (I tested moving with mouse by cellphone with switching on and off the daemon, since it needed some little changes).

If you, hci fellows, are interested I might send more detailed description of the crash tomorrow.