Re: ultrastor.c is a bit-rot

From: Benny Amorsen
Date: Wed Mar 19 2008 - 17:52:30 EST

Boaz Harrosh <bharrosh@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> if the machine has more then 2^24 of memory. Then this will never
> work, right? or I'm missing it completely?

I used to have a machine with the VL-bus version of that card. I spent
a fortune upgrading that machine from 8x1MB to 4x4MB + 4x1MB, so it
did indeed work with larger than 16MB. The card got awfully hot and it
only worked when clocked at 33MHz (not the 40MHz the PC could do
without the card), but otherwise it worked fine.

I'm not sure whether that machine made it to kernel 2.0 though.

/Benny