Re: [2.6.25-rc5-mm1] regression: cannot run Postfix sendmail commandas non-root

From: Daniel Lezcano
Date: Mon Mar 17 2008 - 06:47:18 EST

Tilman Schmidt wrote:
Am 13.03.2008 23:21 schrieb Daniel Lezcano:
Tilman Schmidt wrote:

ts@xenon:~/kernel> /usr/sbin/sendmail -t < patch-usb-reduce-syslog-clutter-v3
postdrop: warning: can't open /proc/net/if_inet6 (Permission denied) - skipping IPv6 configuration
postdrop: fatal: parameter inet_interfaces: no local interface found for ::1
sendmail: warning: command "/usr/sbin/postdrop -r" exited with status 1
sendmail: fatal: ts(1000): unable to execute /usr/sbin/postdrop -r: Success
ts@xenon:~/kernel>

and unsurprisingly, the mail is not sent. If I do the same as root,
everything works as usual, there is no console output from the
sendmail command, and the mail goes out as it should. All other
networking applications appear to be running normally.

Is it possible to have your config file used to compile the kernel ?

Sure. You can find it at
http://gollum.phnxsoft.com/~ts/linux/config-2.6.25-rc5-mm1

Thanks,

I was not able to reproduce it, but I think I didn't configured postfix as I should had. What version do you use ?
If I may ask you, can you put your postfix configuration file and a strace -f of your failing command ? on your website, that will help me a lot to investigate.

-- Daniel