Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ramback: faster than a speeding bullet

From: Krzysztof Halasa
Date: Sun Mar 16 2008 - 19:08:58 EST

Daniel Phillips <phillips@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> It could, in a bit different location maybe, but it isn't a substitute
>> for ordered writes.
>
> How so?

Not sure if I understand the question correctly but obviously a pair
(mirror) of servers running "dangerous" ramback would survive a crash
of one machine and we could practically eliminate the probability of
both (all) machines crashing simultaneously. However, there are
cheaper ways to achieve similar performance and even better
reliability - including those battery-backed (RAI)Disk controllers.
--
Krzysztof Halasa