Re: Regression: Re: [patch -mm 2/4] mempolicy: createmempolicy_operations structure

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Fri Mar 07 2008 - 16:57:52 EST

David wrote:
> If you want to remove this requirement now (please get agreement from Paul)

I'm ducking and running for cover ;).

Personally, I'm slightly in favor of not requiring the empty mask,
as I always that that empty mask check was a couple lines of non-
essential logic. However I'm slightly in favor of not changing
this detail from what it has been for years, which would mean we
still checked for the empty mask. And no doubt, if someone cares
to examine the record closely enough they will find where I took a
third position as well.

But I can't see where it actually matters enough to write home about.

So I'll quit writing, and agree to most anything.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability