Re: [patch -mm 4/4] mempolicy: remove includes for duplicateheaders

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Thu Mar 06 2008 - 15:19:37 EST

David R wrote:
> Remove #includes for:
>
> linux/mempolicy.h (already from linux/migrate.h)
> linux/mm.h (already from linux/highmem.h)

I didn't see any problem offhand with the other patches 0 to 3 in this
set, but this patch 4/4 surprises me.

Perhaps I'm out of phase with what's customary in the kernel, but I
prefer directly including whatever headers I explicitly need.
Depending on some other header to drag in something you have explicit
need of anyway makes things more fragile.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability