Behaviour of device_register

From: Adrian McMenamin
Date: Wed Mar 05 2008 - 18:26:55 EST

The observed behaviour for me is that it appears to be blocking the
vblank interrupt on my box (or more accurately stopping the workqueue
that the interrupt handler calls from running). And without the vblank
my bus won't process dma and so therefore the attempt to register the
device in question fails.

But I can see no reason from a glance over the code why that (vblanks
being blocked) would be the case - have I missed something and the
vblanks will be blocked, or should I be looking elsewhere for the root
cause of this problem?

Thanks

Adrian