Re: RELEASE BLOCKER: Linux doesn't follow x86/x86-64 ABI wrtdirection flag

From: David Miller
Date: Wed Mar 05 2008 - 17:16:45 EST

From: "Richard Guenther" <richard.guenther@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 22:40:59 +0100

> Right. So this problem is over-exaggerated. It's not like
> "any binary you create on that system will be broken on any
> other existing system."

I will be sure to hunt you down to help debug when someone reports
that once every few weeks their multi-day simulation gives incorrect
results :-)

This is one of those cases where the bug is going to be a huge
issue to people who actually hit it, and since we know about the
problem, knowingly shipping something in that state is unforgivable.