Re: usb detecting only high speed devices only - not detecting low speed devices

From: David Brownell
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 14:07:51 EST

On Monday 03 March 2008, mahendra varman wrote:

> > Now as to *why* that happens, I don't know. We've certainly had folk
> > using Philips/NXP EHCI controllers successfully before. Maybe this
> > board has a hardware problem, like a bad chip or not having wired
> > up the power lines that OHCI controller uses.
>
> still the low speed devices are giving unlink after no IRQ..

Not at all surprising if you haven't changed anything.

You *did* verify this happens on all the ports of that chip?

> My
> hardware engineer says he followed the reference schematics of ISP1562
> of philips. He says that ohci side, the power lines are wired up
>
> My Ehci devices can be mounted and the files are read
> Today I faced another issue
> For some usb ehci devices its giving "device descriptor read/64, error
> -71" ( for some usb stick of usb2.0)
> but for others i can able to mount without this error.....
>
> Sir, Any clue regarding the above problem iam facing currently ??

I gave you all the clues I've got. You're the one with the
uniquely mis-behaving hardware...

Time for you to work harder at debugging your problem. You
have the hardware, the software source code, a cooperative
hardware engineer ... that's a lot more than most folk have
when they start to chase down problems like this.

- Dave