Re: Reexport init_mm ?

From: Eragon
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 11:00:21 EST

Ioan Ionita <opslynx <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > High-performance graphics developers are pretty much the last people on
> > earth I want to see writing code that calls init_mm. These people
> > patent their bugs, rather than fixing them, when they turn out to make
> > things go a little faster and generate "mostly correct" results. I
> > think we have a lot to teach them about kernel driver development,
> > including how to get by without init_mm being exported.
>
> Interesting how the less knowledgeable seem to be the ones who sign the NDAs

I ma sorry, but new linux users (mostly ubuntu) want their system to work out of
the box. Ruining, at least for the time being, the only decent nvidia drivers
isn't going to help. nd I don't think gamers, such as myself, will be very happy
if you proceed with this change. Enemy territory quake wars or other games won't
work anymore because their 600 $ Geforce 8 cards won't work correctly.
If I wouldn't be able to play game anymore, with ATI having bad performance on
linux, I would switch back to windows and I'm not the only one. It's as simple
as that.

Great Idea!!