Re: [patch] hid: quirk to fixup fullspeed interval on highspeeddevices

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 07:50:59 EST

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008, Pekka Sarnila wrote:

> Many vendors highspeed devices give erroneously fullspeed interval value
> in endpoint descriptor for interrupt endpoints. This quirk fixes up that
> by recalculating the right value for highspeed device.

Hi Pekka,

thanks for the patch. I however think that HID code is really a wrong
place to to this, we really want to do this in USB core instead, as that
it where it belongs.

Why do you think that adding a new quirk for this device to
usb/core/quirks.c and then checking for it in usb_parse_endpoint() is not
feasible?

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina