Re: SCHED_IDLE documentation

From: Michael Kerrisk
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 03:40:34 EST

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> * Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > If we don't have any man page, what is the actual definition of
> > SCHED_IDLE anyway?
>
> it's rather simple: "it's a priority level even lower priority than nice
> +19".

Some other questions whose answers may be worth including in the man page:

* When was SCHED_IDLE added? (Actually, who added it?)

* Why was it added? (What are the particular benefits of the new
sceuling class as opposed to using a very low nice value for
SCHED_OTHER?)

* What's the difference between SCHED_IDLE and SCHED_BATCH?

Cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk
Maintainer of the Linux man-pages project