Re: WARNING: at net/ipv4/tcp_input.c:2054 tcp_mark_head_lost()

From: Ilpo Järvinen
Date: Sun Mar 02 2008 - 14:51:43 EST

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008, Guillaume Chazarain wrote:

>> On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Ilpo Järvinen <ilpo.jarvinen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> It does not contain any "KERNEL: assertion (packets <=
>> > tp->packets_out) failed at" line, so I'm afraid it's just noise.

Doh, you were right in this one...

>> At least it catches one bug which could cause that assertion (it is much
>> more rigid than the assertion and thus it catched it even though you
>> won't see that assertion to ever trigger :-)).
>
> Great :-)

...I spoke too early, it was just that the verify call was placed into
a place where the fackets_out is not yet reduced (I had too many version
of that patch when I first did that and probably picked wrong one of
them as a starting point, I'm sorry about that). I'll send an updated
patch tomorrow for you and also correct it so that I don't need to ask
things like this again (as long as one pastes couple of first occuring
stacktraces):

--
i.