Unknown SATA PIIX PCI device ID 0x29b6

From: Guennadi Liakhovetski
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 17:37:47 EST

Hi

just found out that the eSATA connector on my Intel DQ35JO motherboard
doesn't work... because it is connected to the controller with product ID
29b6... And this ID is not yet handled by the driver. Can I have a patch,
please?:-) I think the correct entry would be

{ 0x8086, 0x29b6, PCI_ANY_ID, PCI_ANY_ID, 0, 0, ich8_2port_sata },

just because it also has two ports. Am I right? I would rather not test
blindly.

BTW, why are these 2920, 2926, and 29b6 IDs not handled by the ahci
driver? The board-manual does say ICH9...

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski