Re: [patch 1/2] add ALL_CPUS option to stop_machine_run()

From: Max Krasnyanskiy
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 17:10:01 EST

Jason Baron wrote:
-allow stop_mahcine_run() to call a function on all cpus. Calling stop_machine_run() with a 'ALL_CPUS' invokes this new behavior.
stop_machine_run() proceeds as normal until the calling cpu has
invoked 'fn'. Then, we tell all the other cpus to call 'fn'.

Jason, we're actually trying to reduce the usage of the stop_machine in general. It's a very big hammer that kills latencies and stuff. It'd be nice if we did not introduce any more dependencies on it. I guess in some case there is simply no other way to handle what need to do. But please think twice
(or more :)).

Max