Re: usb detecting only high speed devices only - not detecting low speed devices

From: David Brownell
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 21:17:26 EST

On Tuesday 26 February 2008, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > usb 3-1: new low speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 2
> > ohci_hcd 0000:01:04.1: Unlink after no-IRQ?  Controller is probably
> > using the wrong IRQ.

My diagnosis hasn't changed since last time he asked this question:
it's related to IRQ handling, outside the scope of USB. If USB
were getting the OHCI interrupts, it would not issue that message.

Now as to *why* that happens, I don't know. We've certainly had folk
using Philips/NXP EHCI controllers successfully before. Maybe this
board has a hardware problem, like a bad chip or not having wired
up the power lines that OHCI controller uses.

One small experiment would be to try using ports that will hand
the device off to the *other* OHCI controller on that chip. If
it's that kind of hardware issue, it might not apply to both of
the OHCI controllers.