Re: new regression in 2.6.25-rc3: no keyboard/lid acpi events onthinkpad T61p

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 16:45:33 EST

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Klaus S. Madsen wrote:

> The bad news, however, is that it segfaults reliably after "Calling
> get_mode" when I run it on 2.6.25-rc3. GDB shows that the segmentation
> fault happens in the libx86 library, but as the version I use doesn't
> have debug symbols, I don't have a complete backtrace. I'll try to
> compile a version of libx86 tomorrow evening with debug symbols, and
> return with a proper backtrace.

Hmm, just a random shot (shouldn't be the case, but just to be on the safe
side) -- could you please try

echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/randomize_va_space

to see whether it removes the segfault by any chance?

I don't know how exactly execution of real-mode code through libx86 works,
but this might be worth trying before starting the next round of
bisection.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina