Re: [patch 5/6] mempolicy: add MPOL_F_RELATIVE_NODES flag

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 12:44:28 EST

David,

Perhaps I missed it, but could you elaborate on what sort of testing
these patches for MPOL_F_RELATIVE_NODES and MPOL_F_STATIC_NODES have
received?

The main reason I didn't push my version of these patches in December
was I figured it would take a week or three of obsessive-compulsive
testing to verify that we didn't break various corner cases of the
mbind/mempolicy system call interface.

In particular, do we know that Oracle works with this? At least in
years past, when Andi was the primary developer here, he had some
good and detailed awareness of what it took to keep Oracle happy
with this NUMA memory policy apparatus. I don't know if we still
have that awareness.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability