Re: broken suspend in .2.6.25-rc3 on T61p (was Re: new regression in 2.6.25-rc3: no keyboard/lid acpi events on thinkpad T61p)

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 05:12:03 EST

Hi!

Andrew is trying to get s2ram to work on Fedora:

> > > Please try s2ram, there's good chance it will just work.
> >
> > configure: error: Required libx86 was not found
>
> apt-get install libx86-dev?
>
> Alternatively, can you post dmidecode? Thinkpads usually work with
> acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode ; and I can look up whitelist manually.

...unfortunately, it does not ship s2ram by default, and does not even
carry its dependencies.

Is there some custom mechanism to get suspend-to-ram to work on
Fedora? If not, would it be possible to start shipping s2ram from
suspend.sf.net?

(Unlike s2disk, this will not eat filesystems, I promise :-).
Pavel