Re: Sata-MV, Intergated Sata Device Support

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Mon Feb 25 2008 - 19:17:25 EST

Mark Lord wrote:
Jeff Garzik wrote:
Jon Li wrote:
Hello,

I am curious as to whether there are plans to add support for integrated
sata devices. I personally want to add support for a 60x1C0 based
device (pci:id = 0x5182). I think adding support should be relatively
simple, except for a few issues outlined below.

In the original mvSata.c (ver3.4) that has 0x5182 support, the config
space is as such:

case MV_SATA_DEVICE_ID_5182:
pAdapter->numberOfChannels = MV_SATA_5182_PORT_NUM;
pAdapter->numberOfUnits = 1;
pAdapter->portsPerUnit = 2;
pAdapter->sataAdapterGeneration = MV_SATA_GEN_IIE;
/*The integrated sata core chip based on 60x1 C0*/
pAdapter->chipIs60X1C0 = MV_TRUE;
pAdapter->hostInterface = MV_HOST_IF_INTEGRATED;
pAdapter->mainMaskOffset = 0x20024; /*the iobaseaddress is
0x60000*/
pAdapter->mainCauseOffset = 0x20020;
break;

I have not yet figured out how all these values are defined in sata-mv.c
(ver 0.8). Specifically, where do I define "numberOfChannels" which
should equal 2, and "numberOfUnits" which obviously equals 1?

I have a current config space (not completed) for sata-mv.c which is:

{ /* chip_5182 */
.sht = &mv_sht,
.flags = (MV_COMMON_FLAGS | MV_6XXX_FLAGS |
MV_FLAG_DUAL_HC),
.pio_mask = 0x1f, /* pio0-4 */
.udma_mask = 0x7f, /* udma0-6 */
.port_ops = &mv6_ops,
},

Saeed: isn't this what your SOC patches already implemented for us?
As near as I can tell, sata_mv now already has support for the 60x1C0.

Saeed's stuff didn't support PCI though, and Jon Li is definitely talking about PCI...

Jeff